Wednesday, October 23, 2013

MITx 6.00 Review: Be more productive.


So this past February I had the pleasure of taking MITx's 6.00. Recently I noticed that edX is offering this course again this fall. So I'd like to share my thoughts and experience.


The knowledge and experience gained from this course is immeasurable. The course gives you a working knowledge of various algorithms used in programming to solve very complex problems. It also helps you learn python if you previously have never used the language or at least gives you a better understanding of it's mechanics and what makes it such a pleasurable language to work with. 

Before participating in the course I had only dabble in python and never really took the language all that seriously. Honestly, now I have a special reverence for the language. I believe it is the perfect tool for any engineer or scientist that wants to be more productive in their work. That is what makes the language and course so unique. It helps you be more productive, specifically if you are dealing with large amounts of data or iterative calculations, or dealing with some complex computations you might need to reuse from time to time.

The course is built for your success. It doesn't require you to be very knowledgeable about programming or about computers for that matter. The only requirement is really a thirst for success and knowledge, and perhaps an interest or need to solve some time consuming problems in a more efficient manner. 

So now that I have peaked your interest perhaps you have some questions that are rattling your brain. So feel free to add them to the comments and I will try and respond to them with the best of my abilities.

Oh I forgot to mention it might also be a good way to get MIT on your resume, since you will receive a certificate of completion if you receive a passing grade and abide by their Honor Code. Best of luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment